Chopta is a small region of meadows and evergreen forest area which is a part of kedarnath wildlife sanctuary located in Uttarakhand state, India and a base for trekking to Tungnath, third temple of Panch Kedar, which lies 3.5 kilometres (2.2 mi) away. Located at a distance of 1.5 kilometres (0.93 mi) from Tungnath is Chandrashila, a rising to over 4,000 metres (13,000 ft).
Chopta is a picturesque hamlet which is still unexplored by travelers, is also famous as "Mini Switzerland of Uttarakhand". Wake up with cool salubrious breeze and chirping of birds in Chopta which is a far cry from the blaring horns of the cities and other hill stations, morning view from Chopta is invigorating when the crimson rays of sun kisses the snow laden Himalayas.
This hushed abode is enclosed by the dwindling pines, deodars, rhododendrons and other conifers that can be found in this region, whick makes Chopta rich in flora and fauna.
The Chopta - Tungnath - Chandrashila trek is a famous destinations for trekkers. The Chopta region has many treks and trails cutting through jungles and grasslands. Chandrashilla, Tunganath and Devariyatal are the best known trekking routes in the Chopta region. Because of an abundance of birds, Chopta is becoming popular among birdwatchers.
Some activities in Chopta :
Camping and trekking, yoga, survival activity.
Snow trekking, snow skiing.
Rock craft, rock climbing, rappelling.
Photography of rare himalayan species of monal bird and musk deer.
Range : Rudraprayag, Uttarakhand
Days : 6 Days
Base Camp : Sari village
Grade : Easy to Moderate
Distance : Approx 33 km
Max Altitude : 12735 ft.
Package : Rs 7000 per person
Rs 6000 per person
(Base camp to Base camp + 5% GST)
All you need for a trek is the passion to do it and embrace the odds that come by and challenge yourself to achieve that sense of achievement.
Brahmatal is doable for the beginner Trekker as well, while the following basic fitness level is required to attempt Brahmatal Trek.
1. Able to cover 5km in 45 minutes without stress.
2. Able to carry 10kg weighing backpack.
3. The trekker should not have following problems a) Heart Problems b) Asthma or any breathing problem c) High Blood pressure d) Epilepsy e) Being Lazy: P It’s the biggest problem in a trek.
* Providing three meals a day snacks, tea, coffee, soup and in food we try to keep lot to healthy vegetables and fruits in Indian, Chinese and western meals.
* Dry fruits/Energy bars and Energy drinks for your trek.
* Accommodation in tents on 2/3 person sharing basis.
* Sleeping bags.
* Toilet tents for ladies and gents separately.
* Dining Tent.
* Trekking equipment (if required).
* Expert Trek leaders.
* Support Staff.
* First Aid kit.
* Diamox (10 tabs) to prevent AMS.
* Crocin (Fever.
* Avomine (4tabs).
* Avil 25g (4tabs).
* Combiflam (4tabs).
* Disprin (6tabs).
* Norflox TZ &Lomofen (6 tabs).
* Digene (10 tabs).
* Omez/Rantadine (10 tabs).
* Crape Bandage (3-5 m).
* Gauge (1 small).
* Bandage (10 strips).
* cotton (1 small roll).
* Ors (10 packts).
* Betadine or any antiseptic cream.
* Moov/Volini spray.
* Waterproof over trousers and waterproof Jacket.
* Trekking Gaiters.
* Comfortable Backpack with good back support and accessibility (easy access).
* Backpack Rain cover.
* Hiking Pole.
* Good stretchable and Quick-dry Trek Pants.
* Light and warm base layer (Preferably Merino wool. It can be used over a long period of time and stinks less).
* Warm and waterproof Jacket (Preferably Down Jacket with one extra layer for waterproofing).
* Fleece for layer 2.
* Warm Socks (Preferably Merino wool. It can be used over a long period of time and stinks less).
* Trekking shoe with good grip, traction and a very good non-compressible mid-sole.
* Polarised Sunglasses.
* Warm hat.
* Small Daypack.
* Energy bars.
* 2 water bottles 1 litre each.
Day 1 : Drive Haridwar-Sari; 300kms, 9 hrs.
Day 2 : Trek to Deoriatal; 3kms, 2hrs.
Day 3 : Deoriatal to Rohini Bugyal; 14kms, 9 hrs.
Day 4 : Rohini Bugyal to Chopta; 5kms, 2hrs.
Day 5 : Trek Chopta-Tungnath ,Chandrashilla Top and back to Chopta; 6kms.
Day 6 : Chopta to Haridwar; 300kms, 9hrs.
Once you reach haridwar, over coordinators are waiting for you to take next step. On the way to sari from Haridwar you can cherish Rishikesh and Devpryag enroute, if you have the time. Your drive to the trek destination will take around seven to eight hours including a comfortably timed break for breakfast and lunch. Overnight stay in sari Guest House/Camping.
After having breakfast, the amazing trek will begin and will be around 3kms long. You can have a small sightseeing tour around the campsite if you wish. Once you start your trek, you can see the reflection of amazing surroundings in the crystal clear lake. Therefore it is often called as ‘two worlds at one place’. Your trek to Deoriatal will be lined by the holy rivers Ganga and Alaknanda.
After having breakfast and start the trek to Rohini Bugyal. While walking along the ascending trails you can feel the fragrance of mixed forests which include oak trees and pine as well. The snowy surrounding will let the clock go round easily. The snow filled hills will make you forget every worry and you experience serenity in the snowy white surroundings.
Chopta is easily accessible as it is located on the road connecting Gopeshwar with Guptkashi. Wake up with cool salubrious breeze and chirping of birds in Chopta which is a far cry from the blaring horns of the cities and other hill stations, morning view from Chopta is invigorating when the crimson rays of sun kisses the snow laden Himalayas. Carry light woolens in summers and heavy woolens in winters while planning a visit to Chopta. Hotel in Chopta provides standard accommodation facilities at affordable prices.
Chopta, Tungnath and Chandrashila are covered with snow during winters. If you visit the place during Dec-Feb, you may witness snowfall and enjoy trekking in snow But the roads are occasionally blocked near Chopta in case of heavy snowfall.
Chopta Chandrashila Trek is famous among tourist as Meadows, Himalayan Views.
Chopta Chandrashila Trek is recommended destination for Corporates, Couples, Family and Kids, Foreigners, Groups, Solo.
Chopta Chandrashila Trek is popular destination for following activities/ interests.
Hire a cab from Delhi to Dehradun, which takes around 4 hours. NH-72A from Chhutmalpur to Dehradun is the best route you may take. The cost of cab ranges from INR 9 to INR 97 per kilometre, depending upon the type of car. Ideal for families and groups.
Take a direct bus from Delhi to Dehradun, which takes around 6 hours. Deluxe, Volvo, semi-deluxe and ordinary Uttarakhand State buses depart every hour from ISBT, Kashmere Gate in New Delhi. There is also an overnight deluxe A/C service run by Uttarakhand Tourism. Dehradun ISBT bus stand is located about 5 km from the centre of the city. Ideal for backpackers and single travellers.
Take a direct Jan Shatabdi train from Delhi NDLS station to Dehradun railway station that takes around 6 hours. Dehradun railway station is located in the city centre. Train is the most comfortable and cost effective mode to travel to Dehradun from Delhi. Ideal for groups and families.
1. If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
2. If cancellations are made within 0-30 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
3. In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.