Bedni Bugyal is one of the most beautiful alpine meadows situated in Uttarakhand, located at the border Garhwal and Kumaon in Chamoli district. Bedni Kund in Bedni Bugyal holds great religious importance amongst the locals.
The Bedni Bugyal Trek confines one's heart with the sprawling colours of nature bedded over the lush green meadows. The entire stretch from Mundoli to Bedni Bugyal displays a vast natural gallery of wild flowers and varied species of Himalayan trees.
The whole route to Ali Bedni Bugyal involves easy to medium grade trekking. The enthralling treks take some through enchanting valleys, hushed hamlets, and conifers and oak forests. Bedni Bugyal is one of the most beautiful meadows in India. Bedni Bugyal provides breathtaking view of the Trishul peak and one cannot resist capturing the majestic snow covered peak with their camera. For wildlife and nature-photographers, Bedni Bugyal offers lot of opportunities to capture nature at its best.
Range : Chamoli, Uttarakhand
Days : 6 Days
Grade : Easy to Moderate
Distance : Approx 28 km
Max Altitude : 12000 ft
Package : Rs 8500 per person
Rs 7000 per person
(Base camp to Base camp + 5% GST)
All you need for a trek is the passion to do it and embrace the odds that come by and challenge yourself to achieve that sense of achievement.
Ali-Bedni Bugyal Trek is doable for the beginner Trekker as well, while the following basic fitness level is required to attempt Ali-Bedni Bugyal Trek.
1. Able to cover 5km in 45 minutes without stress.
2. Able to carry 10kg weighing backpack.
3. The trekker should not have following problems a) Heart Problems b) Asthma or any breathing problem c) High Blood pressure d) Epilepsy e) Being Lazy: P It’s the biggest problem in a trek.
* Providing three meals a day snacks, tea, coffee, soup and in food we try to keep lot to healthy vegetables and fruits in Indian, Chinese and western meals.
* Dry fruits/Energy bars and Energy drinks for your trek.
* Accommodation in tents on 2/3 person sharing basis.
* Sleeping bags.
* Toilet tents for ladies and gents separately.
* Dining Tent.
* Trekking equipment (if required).
* Expert Trek leaders.
* Support Staff.
* First Aid kit.
* Diamox (10 tabs) to prevent AMS.
* Crocin (Fever.
* Avomine (4tabs).
* Avil 25g (4tabs).
* Combiflam (4tabs).
* Disprin (6tabs).
* Norflox TZ &Lomofen (6 tabs).
* Digene (10 tabs).
* Omez/Rantadine (10 tabs).
* Crape Bandage (3-5 m).
* Gauge (1 small).
* Bandage (10 strips).
* cotton (1 small roll).
* Ors (10 packts).
* Betadine or any antiseptic cream.
* Moov/Volini spray.
* Waterproof over trousers and waterproof Jacket.
* Trekking Gaiters.
* Comfortable Backpack with good back support and accessibility (easy access).
* Backpack Rain cover.
* Hiking Pole.
* Good stretchable and Quick-dry Trek Pants.
* Light and warm base layer (Preferably Merino wool. It can be used over a long period of time and stinks less).
* Warm and waterproof Jacket (Preferably Down Jacket with one extra layer for waterproofing).
* Fleece for layer 2.
* Warm Socks (Preferably Merino wool. It can be used over a long period of time and stinks less).
* Trekking shoe with good grip, traction and a very good non-compressible mid-sole.
* Polarised Sunglasses.
* Warm hat.
* Small Daypack.
* Energy bars.
* 2 water bottles 1 litre each.
Day 1 : Dehradun-Lohajung; 265kms, 10hrs.
Day 2 : Lohajung-Didina Village; 10kms, 2-3hrs.
Day 3 : Didina Village-Ali Bugyal; 10kms, 2-3hrs.
Day 4 : Ali Bugyal-Bedni Bugyal; 3kms.
Day 5 : Bedni Bugyal-Wan-Lohajung; 12kms, 5hrs.
Day 6 : Lohajung-Dehradun; 265kms, 10hrs.
The drive from the foothills of the himalayas to the basecamp Dehradun is in itself a nice prelude to the trek.With its green cover, rivers flowing bt,Deodar forests and mountain panorama,it is worth every moment of it.
Upon reaching Lohajung, you are exposed to the magnificent Nanda Ghunti peak and if you’re having a good day you just might catch the exuberant colors of the Nanda Ghunti at dusk. Lohajung acts as the focal connection between the two astoundingly beautiful treks Roopkund and Brahmatal. It has a beauty of its own surrounded ancient trees of Rhododendron and alpines.
Dhari Devi is a temple located on the banks of the Alaknanda River between Srinagar and Rudraprayag in the Garhwal Region of Uttarakhand, India. The temple is home to the upper half of the idol of the goddess Dhari, while the lower half of the idol is located in Kalimath, where she is worshipped as a manifestation of the Goddess Kali.
Devprayag is a town in Tehri Garhwal district in the state of Uttarakhand, India, and is one of the Panch Prayag (five confluences) of Alaknanda River where Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers meet and take the name Ganga.
Lohajung is a small village, located in Chamoli district in Garhwal Himalayas. Lohajung is considered as a base camp for Roopkund Trek, Bedni Bugyal Trek, Brahamtal Trek, and many more.
Start your trek by descending from Lohajung towards Raun Bagad where a bridge is resting over Neel Ganga River. It takes around 2-3hrs to reach Raun Bagad. The trail is beautiful and covered with Rhododendron and Oak trees. The gushing sound of Neel Ganga is constantly audible.
It take another 3 hours to reach Didina Village which is hanging over the mountain across the bridge. The climb is steep and goes through a verdant forest. Take breaks in between to catch your breath and continue trekking upwards. Didina Village is a quaint little hamlet where you can either enjoy a homestay or stay in tents at Didina campsite.
Start early in the morning to witness the best of widespread Ali Bugyal. The trail is pleasant for few hundred meters but as soon as you enter the dense oak forest the climb starts. It is one long climb inside the forest but the pure mountain breeze makes it pleasant.
After climbing for couple of hours you will reach Tolkaan when the forest trail opens up to mini meadows. Continue climbing up on the ridge, all you will see is a vast expanse of lush green meadow kissing sky, this is Ali Bugyal. But even after reaching to this point you will just be at the beginning of Ali Bugyal. It will still take another hour for you to reach on top of the Ali Bugyal.
After a minor descent the climb again continues over a ridge that leads to Bedni Bugyal. While walking on the ridge take a final look at the magical Ali Bugyal.
After crossing the ridge, prepare yourself to witness a completely different form of nature’s beauty. The days trek ends up at Bedni Bugyal, an enormous lush green meadow spread over the mountain. A steep ridge arching up into the dusk offers the enchanting view of the enormous western flank of Trishul (7,120mts). The reflection of Trishul peak on the divine Bedni kund is a treat to eyes.
Ali Bedni Bugyal trek is famous famous among tourists as trekking.
Ali Bedni Bugyal trek takes one through beautiful valleys,streams,oak trees and hushed hamlets.
Ali Bedni Bugyal trek is recommended destination for tourists.
It amongst the finest high altitude grasslands in the Garhwal mountains (altitude 3354 metres) famous for wild high altitude flowers and herbs during the spring thaw, and offering a splendid view of the Greater Himalayan range.
Arguably one of the most romantic spots in the Himalayas - virgin meadows greet the visitor, for as far as the eye can see, scenic mountains, deep valleys and lofty mountains present the most memorable sunsets and sunrises, and above alll, the enormous western flank of Trishul and the Nanda Ghunti overlooks this heaven on earth!
The Vaitarni lake (also called the Bedni Kund) is located in this region, and is famous for the rare Brahma Kamal flower, and is also a major way-station on the Nanda Raj Jaat Yatra, a ritual procession held every 12 years. Bedni Bugyal also serves as a stopover for the famed Roopkund trek!
Hire a cab from Delhi to Dehradun, which takes around 4 hours. NH-72A from Chhutmalpur to Dehradun is the best route you may take. The cost of cab ranges from INR 9 to INR 97 per kilometre, depending upon the type of car. Ideal for families and groups.
Take a direct bus from Delhi to Dehradun, which takes around 6 hours. Deluxe, Volvo, semi-deluxe and ordinary Uttarakhand State buses depart every hour from ISBT, Kashmere Gate in New Delhi. There is also an overnight deluxe A/C service run by Uttarakhand Tourism. Dehradun ISBT bus stand is located about 5 km from the centre of the city. Ideal for backpackers and single travellers.
Take a direct Jan Shatabdi train from Delhi NDLS station to Dehradun railway station that takes around 6 hours. Dehradun railway station is located in the city centre. Train is the most comfortable and cost effective mode to travel to Dehradun from Delhi. Ideal for groups and families.
1. If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
2. If cancellations are made within 0-30 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
3. In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.